SecurEnvoy provides a new method of two-factor authentication in order to access Aintree resources such as SonicWall and the Cloud Desktop. If you haven’t already been set up, please contact the Service Desk on 3243 and request to be enrolled.
Once you have received the enrolment e-mail, please follow the below.
- On your phone, please download and install the SecurEnvoy app either from the App Store (iPhone) or the Play Store (Android)
- In the e-mail, click on the link in Step 1. https://securenvoy.aintreehospitals.nhs.uk/secenrol/?userid=YOUR-USERNAME
- The UserID should already be pre-populated with your username so just enter your Aintree password and click Login
- Next, enter the six digit passcode from Step 2 in the enrolment e-mail and click Login
- Open the app on your phone (should be called Authenticator) and click the plus icon in the bottom corner.
- Select the Scan QR option to scan the code, however, if you’re having difficulties, enter your username into the UserID field and the key into the 13 or 16 Character Key field then press Manual.
- Whichever option you choose, you should get a popup with an Authenticator code. Enter this code into Step 4 and then click Continue
- You’ll get a confirmation to say that two factor authentication is now set up.
*Note* When it comes to using the two factor authentication, the code refreshes every 30 seconds so make sure you leave plenty of time to enter it in otherwise you may receive an error.
*Note* Please note, you will need access to the SecurEnvoy app on your mobile device in order to login. If you need this setting up please get in touch with the Service Desk on 0151-529-3243
- Click on the following link VMware Horizon Client
- Under VMware Horizon Client for Windows, click on Go to Downloads
- Scroll down and then click on Download
- Save the file and then double-click it to begin the setup.
- Click on Agree & Install and wait for the installation to finish
- Click on Restart Now to complete the installation.
- Once your computer has restarted, you should now have a new icon on your desktop.
- Open the VMware Horizon Client and then double-click on Add Server. Type in cloud.aintreehospital.nhs.uk and click Connect.
- You’ll be presented with a login page so please enter your Aintree Username and Password and then click Login.
- You should now have access to a cloud desktop.
*Note* Please note, you will need access to the SecurEnvoy app on your mobile device in order to login. If you need this setting up please get in touch with the Service Desk on Ext.3243
What is SonicWall?
SonicWall is our new Remote Access Portal which will give you access to our Aintree Terminal Servers, Webmail and even Cloud computing.
Cloud or SonicWall?
If you need access to applications such as Backtraq or WinPath then Sonicwall would be used.
However, if you only need access to a Cloud Desktop where our most used applications reside then please refer to the steps in the Cloud Desktop tab above.
Accessing Via A Browser
*Note* There are a few issues using Internet Explorer to get to the Portal so please use another browser such Google Chrome if you experience any difficulties.
You can get to the Remote Access Portal by going to https://access.aintreehospital.nhs.uk
- Enter in your Username, Password and SecurEnvoy code from your phone.
- You’ll then be displayed with options to access an Aintree Terminal Server, logging into a cloud session and viewing you’re e-mails via Webmail.
If You Have A Trust Laptop
*Note* Due to certain restrictions, the VPN is only fully supported on devices running Windows 10
With a Trust laptop, you will have the option to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection. This means that outside of the Trust, if you log into the laptop and authenticate with the VPN, you’ll have access to all your files either on your W: Drive or the I: Drive, and applications such as Outlook will work natively.
Do I Have The VPN Installed?
At the login screen, if you can see a VPN icon, the client is already installed. If you don’t, please contact the Service Desk.
Please note that even though the client may be installed, it may not be fully configured so if you were to click on the VPN icon and a Setup Wizard box appears, please accept all the defaults. Otherwise, please go to Logging In With The VPN
Logging In With The VPN
- Make sure that you are already connected to your home network either via the wireless or an ethernet cable prior to logging in.
- Click the new VPN icon on the bottom right of the screen.
- Enter your Username and Password to authenticate to the Aintree Domain.
- Re-enter your Username and Password along with the SecurEnvoy code from your phone. (This will authenticate you against SonicWall)
- Once you click Connect, this will now log you in and start mapping your drives.
If You Have a Home Reporting Workstation
Radiologists who have Home Reporting workstations will need to have the Aintree VPN client installed and used in replacement of AppGate in order to use applications such as CRIS or PACS. The benefit of the VPN allows you to log in as yourself instead of the Carestream account meaning Outlook will be available to you as well as all your Drives and folders.
Most of the home workstations will already have an application called Bomgar installed on them which allows IT to gain remote access. This means that you do not have to bring them into the Trust to have the VPN client installed. Please inform the Service Desk if you wish for this to be set up.
Configuration For Home Reporting Workstations
- For Users with Home Reporting Workstations, please start by following the Logging In With The VPN guide.
- Once you’ve logged in as yourself with the VPN, Outlook will need to be configured.
- Open up Outlook and accept the defaults during the setup. *Note* Make sure that when it auto populates the e-mail address field, that it’s your address. If not, please check that you’ve logged in as yourself.